Sometimes people make me feel more stressed than I am. Have you ever heard the following?
- “Oh, you must be terribly busy!”
- “I know everything is crazy right now…”
- “You’re probably stressed/overwhelmed/tired.”
|My sister Mary &
my baby E at 3.5wks
My sister is moving to a new home. She is a hard-working pastor’s wife, has four children, and has lived in 6 states in the 10 years they’ve been married. This time it’s winter in Iowa, but she’s not pregnant like most other times. Rather than saying, “How on earth do you do it?!” I want to say, “How exciting to have a new home! What are you working on? What are you looking forward to? How can I help/pray for you?” Because, I know, in the midst of the long to do list, she’s thrilled to be moving!
- “You must be so excited to go on this adventure.”
- “Be sure to have fun while you’re at it!”
- “What an exciting change.”
|Taking a taxi to the airport in Accra to fly to Northern Ghana.
(Taken by Joshua Wagner)