December 1, 2020
December is the season for giving! Christmas shopping is well underway and millions are filling their carts with gifts for family and friends. In this season of celebrated generosity, Giving Tuesday is your opportunity to give to causes you believe in!
Millions of people don’t have the Bible in their own language. Many speak a language that is not written down. Lutheran Bible Translators puts God’s Word in their hands.
This year, our goal is to raise $45,000 for literacy efforts in Sierra Leone. The people of Sierra Leone want to read! They want to hear God’s word in the language that speaks to their hearts. Invest in the education they need. Start new literacy classes. Train teachers and staff. Develop new books, teachers guides and learning materials. Give now and join the story!
Give the Gift of Literacy!
All Donors will receive a Giving Tuesday Lanyard! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to hear about the opportunity to be entered in to other giveaway drawings!
- % funded 10% 10%
"I never had the opportunity to listen to the Word of God in my heart language until today."
"The Kissi literacy program has given me a sense of pride."
"The community has a passion for their language and would love to hear God's word in their local language."
Give Online Give Now
Give by Phone (660) 225-0810
Follow our Social Media Like, Comment, and Share to get involved with #GivingTuesday
LBT Giving Tuesday Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE (DONATION) IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE (DONATION) DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: The Lutheran Bible Translators 2019 Giving Tuesday Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age as of the date of entry. Employees of Lutheran Bible Translators, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: by participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Lutheran Bible Translators as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online on 12/3/2019 starting at 12:00am CST. All online entries must be received by 12/3/2019 11:59pm CST.
- How to Enter: Below are the methods to enter the Giveaway drawing:
a. Enter via the website: The Giveaway may be entered by contributing and submitting an entry using the online giving form provided on the lbt.org/giving-Tuesday site. The entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Lutheran Bible Translators. You may enter only once, and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Lutheran Bible Translators.
b. Free Entry Method: To receive an entry without contributing, call 660-225-0810 and specify which drawing you would like to enter. Limit one entry per person.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Giveaway prior to the drawing date.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing taking place on 12/7/2019. Winners will be notified via the contact information provided of their prize.
- Terms: Lutheran Bible Translators has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
By entering in the Giveaway, you agree to receive email newsletter periodically from Lutheran Bible Translators. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.