God communicates to us through His Word. The Word heard and believed through the language of a person’s heart is transformational.
Lutheran Bible Translators partners with people groups who still do not have the Bible in their own language. Our vision: God’s Word for every language. Learn how you can be a part of it in long-term, international service!
Watch Scripture come alive!
- Study God’s Word in the original languages
- Learn local language and culture
- Collaborate with local church on Scripture goals
- Assist national colleagues to discover how to express truths through their God-given language and culture in a quality focused project
Bring Scripture into everyday life!
- Study specialized audio and video production methods
- Assess the needs of the community’s culture
- Develop strategies with language programs
- Mentor national colleagues in production skills
Missionary Kid Teacher
Share knowledge and inspire missionary kids!
- Plan teaching strategy in collaboration with missionary family
- Acquire cross cultural skills
- Encourage a love for learning
- Provide a link between your home culture and the third culture family you serve
Empower communities in accessing Scripture!
- Study linguistics and literacy
- Assist and train language program staff in assessing literacy needs
- Demonstrate the value of literacy
- Encourage and facilitate awareness and appreciation for the heart language
Meet technology needs of our missionaries and national colleagues!
- Develop IT strategy with language program offices
- Study cross cultural communication and teaching skills
- Mentor national colleagues in IT skills development
- Provide training in specialized software
To learn more about Lutheran Bible Translators’ long-term, overseas mission opportunities, please complete the following form. Our Mission Mobilization Coordinator Emily Wilson will be in contact with you!