LBT board members are experienced professionals with years of experience in business, ministry, and missionary work around the world. Board members are:
- Marlis Norton, Chair – Previously worked in Information Technology project management in the marketing and media arenas; retired and serving in numerous capacities at church and elsewhere
- Nickie Wilson, Vice-Chair – USAF Lieutenant Colonel, retired; varied international and domestic mission experience
- Rev. Dr. Wayne Braun, Secretary – Senior Pastor at Fishers of Men Lutheran Church in Sugar Land, TX, former missionary to Germany
- John Rodenburg, Treasurer – Licensed CPA in Illinois; decades of business experience; president of Trinity Springfield and former longtime member and treasurer of CID LCMS
- Rev. Dr. Paul Mueller – Now retired, served as the Executive Director of the Center for Applied Lutheran Leadership and Director of the Mission Training Center, Concordia University, Portland; Regional Director – Africa and Evangelistic Missionary in Liberia for LCMS World Mission; and full professor teaching mission and outreach courses at Concordia in St. Paul, MN and Portland, OR. He is the secretary for the North American Mission Executives group.
- Jan Wendorf – Former Lutheran high school teacher, past president of the LWML, member of several non-profit boards.
- Dr. Johnnie Driessner – Doctoral Faculty and Dissertation Chair (Part-Time), University of Phoenix; previously served in a variety of faculty and administrative posts at Concordia University Portland, including Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President, and Interim President; previously deployed to the Concordia University Educational Network (CUEnet) as Director of Academic Programming.
- Ed Lamb – Retired IT Executive. Currently an Executive Advisor/Life Coach and Owner of Fruitful Connections. Board Secretary at Christ Greenfield Church in Gilbert, AZ.
- Deaconess Heidi Goehmann – Certified EMDR therapist, freelance author, mental and relational heath advocate.
- Deaconess Sonja Baumeister – Program Coordinator for Mission Training Center which helps lay leaders learn to engage in God’s mission in their own communities.
- Crystal Miller – Departmental Administrator in Genetics, Cell Biology & Anatomy at the University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Andrew Armstrong – Director of Administration and Operations at Shepherd of the Desert Church and Preschool in Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Mike Rodewald
Board Executive Assistant
Communications & Development
Director for Communications
Rev. Dr. Tilahun Mendedo
Executive Development Officer
Assistant Director for Development and Communications
Rev. Dr. Brent Smith
Executive Development Officer
PR and Communications Coordinator
Program Ministries & Operations
Rev. Rich Rudowske
Director for Program Ministries/COO
Gift Records Coordinator
Regional Director - South & East Africa/Pacific
Rev. David Federwitz
Regional Director - West Africa
Assistant Director for Program Ministries/CIO
Program Ministries Assistant
Rev. Dr. Berhanu Ofgaa
Program Director - Ethiopia
Human Resources Manager
Partner Technology Support Coordinator
Why join our International Office Team?
At Lutheran Bible Translators, we believe access to God’s Word brings transformation. We also believe the ministry of Bible translation belongs to the entire Church. By joining LBT’s staff, you can be involved in this great mission both at home and abroad.
In everything we do at LBT, we value innovation, professionalism, dialogue, and cultural sensitivity.
Where are the international offices?
LBT’s headquarters is based in Concordia, Missouri. The international offices staff is responsible for managing LBT’s daily operations, outreach efforts, and missionary support services.
Does LBT offer student internships?
In Concordia, MO LBT welcomes unpaid internships in conjunction with a college or university in order to offer college credit. Local or remote opportunities could exist in development, communications, IT, administration, the executive’s office, and in missionary support.
Internationally If you are interested in an international internship, our team will work with you to see if your skills and passion fit any of the needs our missionaries have on the field. We do not keep a list of international needs published on our website. Instead, we work directly with you and our missionaries on a case-by-case basis to give you a productive role in our ministry in a place where you’ll be an asset to the work overseas.
Don’t see an internship opening that works for you? Propose your own internship idea!