Prayer at Lutheran Bible Translators
Bible translation takes years of hard work and a passion for bringing the Word of God to those in need of His love and forgiveness.
We realize it is God’s work, not ours. That is part of the reason we pray to him.
Join with all of us who together pray for those “in the field” as well as for the many people around the world making this work happen.
Sorry, not found.
Try searching again.
- Pray for Emily Wilson as she shares about Bible translation career opportunities at a conference for directors of Christian education (Jan. 2-4).
- Pray for good communication, wisdom, and guidance from the Holy Spirit as the Zayse team (Ethiopia) checks Matthew (Jan. 3-9).
- Pray for healthy interactions at the Yala reviewers’ workshop (Nigeria) and for Rev. Linus Otronyi who is teaching at it (Jan. 3-5).
- Pray for Matt Rudowske as he takes college entrance exams and visits schools in the upcoming months.
- Pray for Michaela and Josiah Federwitz as they settle back into boarding school routines.
- Praise God for the opportunity that Karen Tessaro has to work with the Lutheran Church of Nigeria and for the privilege she has to homeschool John David.
- Pray for increased capacity building as the Ikom (Nigeria) Luke partnership workshop, involving six languages, takes place January 7-25.
- Pray for good communication and common vision as LBT works with their partner, the Bible Society of Botswana.
- Pray for smooth progress of the Bible House construction in Ngaoundere, Cameroon.
- Pray for Josephine Derricks to continue to prosper in Cameroon and praise God that her dad has recovered from African tick bite fever.
- Pray for the translation programs in Botswana who are taking drafts out to villages to gain feedback.
- Praise and prayers for safety and good times as Jim and Susan Kaiser’s son visits them in Ethiopia for two weeks.
- Pray for wisdom for LBT’s international programs team as they discuss issues related to LBT’s work.
- Praise God with Alvina Federwitz as she anticipates the dedication of the LIBTRALO office in March – a fulfilled dream shared with her late husband.
- Pray for quality relationships and continued culture learning for Michael Ersland (Ghana).
- Praise God for the talents that LBT’s office staff uses to support the work of Bible translation.
- Pray for discernment for those organizing the Dowayo team in Cameroon.
- Pray for clarity and wisdom as LBT’s board meets this weekend.
- Pray for Josh Wagner as he promotes the use of Scripture in local languages in Sierra Leone, especially through digital technology.
- Pray for the Ipili team (PNG) as they encourage people to listen to Ipili Scriptures.
- Pray that David Federwitz (Ghana) will have good health and wisdom amidst a busy travel schedule.
- Pray for Alexis Olson as she and her family continue to build a support team, so they can leave for Tanzania.
- Pray for progress in Kukele, Yala, Mbe, and Obe (Nigeria) Scripture engagement efforts.
- Pray for wisdom for the Bible Society of Liberia as it makes a decision on the next whole Bible project and for national churches to become involved in it.
- Pray for Rev. Linus Otronyi as he works with the Bible Society of Nigeria to get the Yala New Testament reprinted.
- Pray for God’s blessings on Ikwerre (Nigeria) checking sessions.
- Pray that Aaron Beckendorf will continue to grow into a Godly young man.
- Pray for Rich Rudowske as he works on his Ph.D.
- Pray that Micah Federwitz will have good health and be rooted in God’s love.
- Pray for Emily Wilson as she promotes Bible translation career opportunities at Concordia University Nebraska.
- Praise God for the many contributions Barbara Beermann makes to support the ministry of Bible translation.
Please get in touch with us if you want to know more about vacant positions for missionaries or if you want to make Bible translation donations.