Hold the Key
Voting Members hold the key to this organization. Voting Members not only nominate people to possibly serve on the board, but they also elect the board members.
You can easily become a Voting Member. There are three eligibility requirements:
- You’ve demonstrated “skin in the game” through a financial contribution in the previous year.
- You are a member of a local Lutheran congregation.
- You are 18 years old or older.
About the first of February, when year-end tax documents are sent out, we will include a Voting Member registration form with your year-end tax document. Follow the simple instructions and help guide this great organization.
For more information
LBT Board, 2018
LBT board members are experienced professionals with years of experience in business, ministry, and missionary work around the world. Left to right, the board members are:
- Rev. Kenneth Greinke – Retired LCMS pastor; former LCMS missionary; previously responsible for regional leadership of the LCMS World Mission International Program
- Rev. Dr. Jeremy Pekari, Chair – Senior Pastor at Messiah Lutheran Church in Lynnfield, MA
- Monica ‘Nickie’ Wilson – USAF Lieutenant Colonel, retired; varied international and domestic mission experience
- Rev. Timothy Norton – Missionary with the Navajo in New Mexico with Lutheran Indian Missionaries; previously Director of Christian Education in two parishes, as well as a church planting missionary in Africa
- Rev. Richard Tursic, Vice-Chair – Currently Pastor of Risen Christ Lutheran Church; previously a CPA and worked among Chinese people for many years in evangelism, church leadership development, and Bible translation promotion, including the kick-starting of a Bible translation project
- John Rodenburg, Treasurer – Licensed CPA in Illinois; decades of business experience; president of Trinity Springfield and former long time member and treasurer of CID LCMS
- Paul Zilz – Owner of Capstone Insurance Group, LLC; certified consultant for the Carver Model of Board Governance
- Rev. Dr. John Mehl – Previously responsible for leadership of the LCMS World Mission International Program in Eurasia; Director of Mission Partnerships & Church Relations at Concordia University, Nebraska
- Virginia Von Seggern – Former national president of LWML; registered nurse (retired); former elected member of the LCMS Board for World Missions
- Rev. Dr. David Birner – Currently the Executive Director of International Education in the Office of International Student Services Concordia University, Wisconsin; previously responsible for leadership of the LCMS World Mission International Program in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eurasia
- Marlis Norton – Previously worked in Information Technology project management in the marketing and media arenas; retired and serving in numerous capacities at church and elsewhere
- David Garrett, Secretary (not shown) – Served in a variety of capacities with Jews for Jesus since 1981; currently serves as Children and Youth Ministry Director and Missionary at Large