Prayer at Lutheran Bible Translators
Bible translation takes years of hard work and a passion for bringing the Word of God to those in need of His love and forgiveness.
We realize it is God’s work, not ours. That is part of the reason we pray to him.
Join with all of us who together pray for those “in the field” as well as for the many people around the world making this work happen.
- Pray for Emily Wilson and Rich Rudowske as they share about Bible translation at the Beautiful Feet Conference at Concordia University Texas Nov. 1-3.
- Pray for Eshinee Veith as she teaches at the Word for the World translator training in Zambia through Nov. 9.
- Pray for Rob Veith and the Khoekhoegowab readers’ stamina during the last three weeks of audio Scripture recording.
- Pray for God’s wisdom and good communication as Jim Kaiser (Ethiopia) checks over the translation of John in the Tsamakko language through Nov. 30.
- Pray for Rev. Kierien Ayugha as he presents a paper on Utugwang translation at the Theological College of Northern Nigeria.
- Pray for Nathan Esala as he participates in meetings in South Africa regarding his PhD work.
- Praise God for the ministry of Katie Hogan as she celebrates 1 year with LBT.
- Pray for Melissa Schweigert as she attends a human resources summit.
- Pray for Becky Grossmann (Liberia) as she works with the Gola team with the goal of getting the translation to the typesetter by year’s end.
- Pray for safe travels and good transitions as Eshinee Veith returns to the U.S. from teaching in Zambia.
- Praise God for the successful Ikom workshop and reviewers training in Abanyom, Nigeria.
- Pray for peace in the Plateau State and Nigeria in regard to their general election.
- Pray for Michaela Federwitz (missionary kid) as she grows in Christ and experiences the joys and challenges of school.
- Pray for Rich Rudowske as he shares about Bible translation at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, MO.
- Pray for fruitful learning and networking for Sarah Esala as she attends the Mental Health and Missions Conference.
- Pray for rich learning for Nathan Esala as he attends the Society of Biblical Literature Conference.
- Give thanks for the Crossroads trip that took place this last summer in Nigeria and pray for those considering service with LBT.
- Praise God for the success of the Mbe and Obe Scripture listening group training.
- Praise God for successful checking sessions with the Ikwerre translation team (Nigeria) this year that will add Psalms and Proverbs to their New Testament.
- Pray for safe travels and God’s blessing on those attending the Lutheran Church of Nigeria’s council meeting at the end of November.
- Praise God for the many ways David Federwitz and Jim Laesch (regional directors) encourage, equip, and guide LBT missionaries.
- Pray for wisdom for Rob Hilbert as he supports Bible translation work in Botswana.
- Praise God for the graduation of Keene Moopi and Motswasele (Botswana) from a translator training program in Zambia.
- Praise God for his healing for Tim Beckendorf (Botswana) after an accident in September.
- Praise God for the progress made towards reprinting the Yala New Testament (Nigeria) which includes Psalms.
- Pray for the Yala translation (Nigeria) checking session taking place Nov. 26-Dec. 7.
- Pray for strong relationships and wisdom as Amy Formella (Sierra Leone) engages with the community and the Mende Bible translation project.
- Pray that God will encourage and prepare Andrew Olson and his family for their first LBT assignment in Tanzania in 2019.
- Pray for wisdom and good listening skills as Sarah Esala encourages and equips LBT-ers in their ministries.
- Pray for good health, wisdom, grace to serve, and safe travels for Rev. Linus Otronyi and Rev. Kierien Ayugha (Nigeria) as they teach and oversee multiple translation projects.
Please get in touch with us if you want to know more about vacant positions for missionaries or if you want to make Bible translation donations.